Term Of Use
Sharing Your Content and Information
- You own all of the content and information you post on CampusOxide, and you can partly control how it is shared through your settings. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with CampusOxide (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
- When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off CampusOxide, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about CampusOxide, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on CampusOxide.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access CampusOxide, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on CampusOxide.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will follow our Promotions Guidelines and all applicable laws if you publicize or offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion") on CampusOxide. You will not use CampusOxide to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of CampusOxide, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other CampusOxide functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
Registration and Account Security
- CampusOxide users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on CampusOxide, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use CampusOxide if you are under 13.
- You will not use CampusOxide if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
- You will not sell, transfer, or sublicense our code, APIs, or tools to anyone.
- You will not misrepresent your relationship with CampusOxide to others.
- You will comply with all applicable laws, in particular for infringing content. We may terminate repeat infringers in compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You will comply with the Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA), and obtain any opt-in consent necessary Intellectual property owners so that user data subject to the VPPA may be shared on CampusOxide. You represent that any disclosure to us will not be incidental to the ordinary course of your business.
Protecting Other People's Rights
- We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on CampusOxide that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on CampusOxide if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To report claims of Intellectual Property Infringement please write to us through contact@CampusOxide.com.
Copyright & Intellectual property infringement
- You can be sued for copyright infringement even if your account has been suspended. The length of a copied document does not matter, nor does the amount you may have copied: even a copying a small portion of a document may cause you to be liable for copyright infringement.
- A copyright notice is generally not required for a work to be protected by copyright law.
- Distributing copyrighted content without the copyright owner's permission is copyright infringement even if you give the document away for free.
- There is no exception for unauthorized copying and distribution for "private" use. Even if you share a work with only a small group of your friends or family, you could still be liable for copyright infringement.
- There is no exception for the unauthorized copying and distribution of copyrighted content for educational or non-commercial use.
- You can be liable for copyright infringement even if you give attribution to the owner or author of the copyrighted content.
- Even if you used your creativity to make a new document that contained another person's copyrighted work, you may be liable for copyright infringement.
- Even if there are documents on the CampusOxide site similar to the one you uploaded, you may be liable for copyright infringement if you upload a unauthorized document
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including CampusOxide, the CampusOxide Logos, and other imagery/ content used on our website), or any confusingly similar marks, except with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on CampusOxide.
- You will not send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
- You will not include data you receive from us concerning a user in any advertising creative.
- You will not directly or indirectly transfer any data you receive from us to (or use such data in connection with) any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising related toolset, even if a user consents to that transfer or use.
- You will not sell user data. If you are acquired by or merge with a third party, you can continue to use user data within your application, but you cannot transfer user data outside of your application.
- We can require you to delete user data if you use it in a way that we determine is inconsistent with users' expectations.
- We can limit your access to data.
- You will comply with all other restrictions contained in our CampusOxide Platform Policies.
Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on CampusOxide.
About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by CampusOxide
- Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
- You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it.
- We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
- If we accept your Order for placing advertisements, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. When serving your ad, we do our best to deliver the ads to the audience you specify, although we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will reach its intended target.
- In instances where we believe doing so will enhance the effectiveness of your advertising campaign, we may broaden the targeting criteria you specify.
- You will pay for your Orders in accordance with our Payments Terms. The amount you owe will be calculated based on our tracking mechanisms.
- Your ads will comply with our Advertising Guidelines.
- We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
- We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks your ads will get.
- We cannot control how clicks are generated on your ads. We have systems that attempt to detect and filter certain click activity, but we are not responsible for click fraud, technological issues, or other potentially invalid click activity that may affect the cost of running ads.
- You can cancel your Order at any time by e-mailing us or writing to us, but it may take up to 72 hours before the ad stops running. You are responsible for paying for all ads that run.
- Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that if users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain until the users delete it.
- We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
- You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with CampusOxide without our prior written permission.
- We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
- If you are placing ads on someone else's behalf, you must have permission to place those ads, including the following:
- You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this Statement.
- You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
- If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of CampusOxide to you.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or CampusOxide exclusively in the Indian High Court at Delhi or a state court located in Gurgaon, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of India will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on CampusOxide, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on CampusOxide and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on CampusOxide. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on CampusOxide. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of CampusOxide.
- WE TRY TO KEEP CampusOxide UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING CampusOxide AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT CampusOxide WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT CampusOxide WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. CampusOxide IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
- We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed at the discretion of CampusOxide.
- By "CampusOxide" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.CampusOxide.com and any other CampusOxide branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
- By "Platform" we mean all information and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from CampusOxide or provide data to us.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with CampusOxide.
- By "content" we mean anything you or other users post on CampusOxide that would not be included in the definition of information.
- By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from CampusOxide or provide to CampusOxide through Platform.
- By "post" we mean post on CampusOxide or otherwise make available by using CampusOxide.
- By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into CampusOxide at least once in the previous 30 days.
- By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding CampusOxide, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing CampusOxide.